Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS)
Repay your debts at an amount that’s affordable to you.
The Debt Arrangement Scheme is a debt management tool only available in Scotland. It lets you apply for a debt payment programme (DPP) which helps you repay your debts by making affordable monthly payments.
Benefits of a DPP
- A DPP lets you repay your debts at an affordable rate, while still leaving you enough money for household bills and living costs
- All interest or charges that are being applied to your debts will be frozen
- Your creditors can’t contact you or take any further legal action against you
- If your situation changes you can apply to vary your payment or apply for a six month payment break
- Once your DPP is complete, your debts are written off
Risks of a DPP
- 10% of your monthly payment is taken as fees to cover the running costs
- Once you’re on a DPP your details will be put onto the DAS register. This is an online register that anyone can access
- A DPP will appear on your credit file for six years
- If you don’t keep up your payments the DPP could fail, and creditors can add interest charges, or take further action against you