Debt Management Plan (DMP)
A debt management plan (DMP) helps you to manage your debts and pay them off at a more affordable rate by making reduced monthly payments.
Get debt help now
We’ll work with you to establish a budget that meets your household’s needs. If a DMP’s right for you we’ll help you set up and manage it, at no cost to you. Many debt management companies provide DMPs, but most charge a fee. Our DMPs have no set-up charges or monthly fees.
Benefits of a DMP
- You’ll only pay what you can afford to your creditors. after putting together a monthly household budget.
- You’ll make one monthly payment and payments to your creditors will be managed for you.
- Your DMP will be regularly reviewed to make sure you’re paying what you can afford.
Risks of a DMP
- Some of your creditors may still contact you
- Most creditors will agree to reduce or stop interest and charges, but they don’t have to
- If creditors continue adding interest and charges, this could increase the total amount you currently owe
- Your creditors don’t have to agree to your reduced payments, but your payments send to your creditors anyway.
- Your creditors may still take further court action against you, such as a County Court judgment (CCJ)