Our free advice can tell you whether bankruptcy is the right solution for you.
Bankruptcy is a form of insolvency that writes off debts if you can't afford to repay them, giving you a fresh start. It's a legal process that's suitable if you have little hope of repaying your debts in a reasonable amount of time.
When you make yourself bankrupt nearly all your unsecured debts are written off, which lets you make a fresh start. In some cases, your creditors can choose to make you bankrupt. However, bankruptcy has serious implications and shouldn’t be undertaken lightly
With combined experience of over 25 years offering free debt advice, we’ll work with you to see if bankruptcy is the right solution for you. We’ll also consider a wide range of other solutions that could be suitable for your situation.
Benefits of bankruptcy
- Your unsecured debts will be written off, giving you a fresh start
- Your creditors can’t take any further legal action against you to recover your debts
- They must also stop demanding payment, charging interest and adding other charges
- You won’t receive any further contact from your creditors
Risks of bankruptcy
- Assets such as your home or vehicle may be included in your bankruptcy
- Some jobs are affected, such as legal or financial roles
- Bankruptcy will have a negative impact on your credit file and appear on it for six years
- Your bankruptcy will be recorded on a public register